The biggest fear all our new skaters have is falling. The best piece of advice we can give is to say that ‘you will fall over at least once!’ but there are tried and tested methods to prevent you doing it time and time again. Of course, we will be on hand to help you….
Just because you fall over doesn’t mean you can’t do it or that you won’t enjoy it, but we have put together some tips and selected some video’s to help you get your head around things….
Beginners – balance is key!
- T Position is the first position to learn
- Toes pointing inwards will take you backwards,
- Toes pointing out will take you forward!
- Bend your knees and start by taking a few small, duck like steps!
- If you are familiar with scooting, use your dominant leg to push off!
- Keep your hands low and your body slightly forward
Learn how to Stop!
Try and use the T-Stop. This needs you to put full pressure on the right heel brake.
Learn how to fall!
You will fall every now and again. If you are committed and want to enjoy your skating expereince then you must learn how to fall safely. [maxbutton id=”2″]
More videos on how to start….
A long one….
A little more advanced and with blades….
Have you got any tips or video’s to share with us? We’d love to hear from you….
We have Rio Roller SK8s to hire (£1.50) but you can bring your own. The only rule is that they don’t mark the floor. Admission is £5 and wrist guards are free. NUS card holders get FREE SK8 hire.[maxbutton id=”1″]